- There are many things going on in the world right now and your kids going “Back to School” is going to look much different this year than it ever has before
- No matter what district, school, or grade level your child is enrolled in, there are a lot of changes from what you’re accustomed to
- It is important to maintain as much patience as possible with your students, the teachers, and the technology, as we are all experiencing this situation for the first time and there will inevitably be bumps along the road to success
- Tell your children about the COVID-19 pandemic: what it is and why it’s important that we all do what we can for each other’s safety. If your children are in a district where they may return to schools in person or community activities, practice safety with them at home by wearing masks together and washing hands for the recommended 30 seconds.
- Click here to find out more for the most up to date CDC recommendations.
Teachers and Faculty:
- We know that this is an extremely stressful time for you all, especially given the unique circumstances we face at the moment with the ongoing battle if COVID-19
- There are many questions being asked that you don’t have an answer to and want you to know we are here to support you in any way we can
- During this time, it is more important than ever to be understanding of extraneous circumstances your students or colleagues may be dealing with, and allow for additional time to have things completed or receive a reply to your message
- At the Post Secondary level, students should have access to the proper technology, whether it be a computer that has been purchased on your own, or one provided by the school
- The need for certain software will be dictated by your course of study and can vary quite greatly based on your needs
- It is important to make sure that your machine is running the most up to date version of the operating system, as well as all of the other software applications you may need down the line
- Using older software versions can cause your computer to not operate at its optimal level, then hindering your performance
Let Us Know How to Help You
The team at Oak City IT is here to serve you to the best of our abilities. We can answer your questions and find the best, custom solution to help you get back to work!